Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cherokee Pregnancy Center...

Friday I dropped off some baby items to the pregnancy center, some "creative infant hats" the ones I posted earlier and a few others and a few blankets. I took a fleece blanket that was edged in a white # 3 thread scallop with an Irish Rose appliqued onto it and also a Crinoline Lady done in # 10 thread, the front desk lady was so excited, she took it and me into the back office to show the other workers, who caused such a commotion, that another lady came out of her office to see. It was really neat! Praise Jesus! I am in no way tooting my own horn, I don't believe in that, I'm just really excited that the items are appreciated! YAY! So now, I'm working on old fashioned baby bonnets. I saw a few in a mag. photo and am kinda winging it. The Caron SS in off white really looks vintage! WOW! I may write a pattern up, but all the items I made for them were 1 of a kind, and each was really special. They are a crisis pregnancy center, and Christian ladies doing it to give those in need another option...keeping their sweet little baby. So I definately believe in quality over quantity, I really want them to feel special and in some small way, let them know there is hope. The last lady who came out of her office had just came back from Bangeladesh (? spelling) from a missions trip and gave me one of their ornaments that they hand sew over there, it is a bangle (bracelet) with fabric inside and a 4 point star embroidered in it. It was the sweetest thing, they sell 35 for $1. That humbled me. Just to make money for their families, who knows if they can even read a bible freely or not? Something we, I take for granted. I can read my bible, and come and go as I please, such an ordinary every day thing, yet truely such a special blessing. Ok, I know I've went off topic a bit, but it is a beautiful thing to think and wonder and see how connected we all are, even if it seems like we are in our own little corner, the kindness we show, the Love of Jesus that freely flows can truely reach everyone, if only we humble ourselves, and serve, trust, and obey with a cheerful heart. I wish I could fathom how much Jesus loves me, how much He loves all of us. If we only humble ourselves and trust Him. It is nothing special we've done, but His free gift, His grace to us. Without Jesus, I can do and am nothing. I am thankful for every opportunity to serve, and help others. Because I know Jesus has helped me. I wish I could just open my arms and hug the world and tell them how special they are because Jesus loves and died on a cross for them. If people would only stop for a minute and see. If you are reading this and don't know Jesus, He does love you. Pick up a Bible and begin reading the book of Matthew and read about Him, and what He did for you. He is the Son of God, He did Die on a cross, after 3 days He did raise up alive and defeated death, and is now in Heaven, waiting for us, if we will only understand that sin is in the world, we are all guilty of that. Have you ever told a lie or stole something, or took the Lord's name in vain, coveted, judge yourself by the ten commandments, even 1 makes us guilty. The Bible says that if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is the Son of God, confess our sins, and turn, repent of our sins, then He, Jesus will save us, if you've done this, read your Bible, and have faith in Jesus. He does love you. So very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The post made me cry Sarah... How wonderful to walk with the Lord and allow him to show his blessings and mercies...
We don't have a crisis center in our area, but so very very many unwed moms. I'll ask the Lord to open my eyes to who ever I might be able to bless with my crochet!
I hope yo are having a peaceful Sabbath!

Sarah said...

I just love Jesus, and what He has done for me. I'm humbled and can't thank Him enough. I'll be in prayer for you too. I don't claim to be anything special, I mess up every day, It is His goodness and mercy that keeps me going. Not anything I've done.